none
Audience Targeting in Mysite Global Navigation RRS feed

• Question

• I have added a Navigation Link 'MyLists' in Current Navigation of mysite pointing to '/_layouts/viewlsts.apsx?BaseType=0' and created a SharePoint Group, 'My Admins', with a set of users.

When I have set Audience Targeting on the 'MyLists' with 'My Admins', the navigation link should be shown only to the users of that group only; but the issue is, link is available to all user's navigation.

Help much needed.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 3:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please go to Site Settings>Site Collection Navigation under Site Collection Administration>make sure that Enable audience targeting is checking.

Xue-Mei Chang
    Friday, June 3, 2011 3:02 AM
  • Hi Humbir,

Goto MySite > Site Actions > Site Settings > Site Collection Navigation under Site Collection Administration > Check audience targeting is enabled.

Planning for content targeting:
    On My Sites, a User Profile service administrator can set audiences for the My Site navigation links that appear on the top bar.

Targeting personalization site links (My Site navigation links):
    The links that are displayed on My Site pages in the top navigation bar (personalization site links) can be targeted to specific audiences. User Profile service administrators control the links displayed on the My Site navigation bar, and set the audiences that each link is visible to. In many cases, a link might be relevant for one group in an organization but not for everyone.

Refer the link : http://blogs.msdn.com/b/spsocial/archive/2010/03/30/customizing-my-sites-in-microsoft-sharepoint-2010.aspx 

Hope it helps.

Friday, June 3, 2011 5:35 AM

All replies

• Was the Audience complied?  Also remember before a audience can work, you must reimport the user profiles and compile the audience.

Look over this post.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263278.aspx

GOod luck,

Gary

Gary Newman MCSE, MCT, CCNA MCDBA, MCAD, MCSA MCTS SharePoint 2007 Dev & Admin MCPD SharePoint 2010 Development
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 4:10 PM
  • I didn't create any audience from User Profile SSA; it is, just a sharepoint group which is used as audience, not any AD group.
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 5:03 PM
  • Hi,

Please go to Site Settings>Site Collection Navigation under Site Collection Administration>make sure that Enable audience targeting is checking.

Xue-Mei Chang
    Friday, June 3, 2011 3:02 AM
  • Hi Humbir,

Goto MySite > Site Actions > Site Settings > Site Collection Navigation under Site Collection Administration > Check audience targeting is enabled.

Planning for content targeting:
    On My Sites, a User Profile service administrator can set audiences for the My Site navigation links that appear on the top bar.

Targeting personalization site links (My Site navigation links):
    The links that are displayed on My Site pages in the top navigation bar (personalization site links) can be targeted to specific audiences. User Profile service administrators control the links displayed on the My Site navigation bar, and set the audiences that each link is visible to. In many cases, a link might be relevant for one group in an organization but not for everyone.

Refer the link : http://blogs.msdn.com/b/spsocial/archive/2010/03/30/customizing-my-sites-in-microsoft-sharepoint-2010.aspx 

Hope it helps.

Friday, June 3, 2011 5:35 AM