none
How to add alternate text for TOC hyperlinks programmatically using openxml for MSWord? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to add alternate text for TOC hyperlinks programmatically using openxml for MSWord. Basically, my requirement is to create a readable pdf saved as from a MS Word document which has a TOC. Currently, the hyperlinks are created properly but when the converted PDF is tested in an accessibility testing tool called PAC2. It shows error as Alternative description not available for the TOC hyperlinks.

Regards,

Prakash

• Edited by PrakashSomu Thursday, August 3, 2017 4:27 AM
    Thursday, August 3, 2017 4:25 AM

All replies

• Hello Prakash,

Open XML doesn't support pdf format. According to your description, the document is generated successfully. Please download Open XML SDK Tool to check validation of the generated Word document. If there is no validation error, I suggest you contact the third party tool to confirm what causes the error. It is impossible to use MS Word object model or Open XML to check if there is any validation error in your pdf.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 4, 2017 6:04 AM