none
Kinect MATLAB problem with vertical joint coordinates RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I am using kinect for windows v1 with matlab to record skeleton movements. After a lot of testing I have concluded that the horisontal coordinates(x and z) have a good representation of the skeleton/joints movements with an error of less than +- 1 cm. The problem is the vertical(y) coordinate. The joint coordinates recieved in MATLAB shows about half the value compared to the real movements, when recording two static positions of a joint. I thought it could be the inclination angle of the sensor making some problems, but the result is the same when tilting the sensor to several different angles.

Someone who knows what the problem could be? Maybe I should just multiply the y-coordinate with a factor to get it right..

Best regards

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 4:31 PM

All replies

• Is the sensor completely level with no tilt where the floor is not occluded from the sensor? You need to correct for any angle the sensor will be at. The assumption is the sensor is mounted flat on a level horizontal surface and you are using the elevation angle api's to tilt the sensor to the appropriate view.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 8:25 PM