none
wdfdevice.h is missing some wpp annotations. Where is the best place to report this? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to use the WPP enum annotations in wdfdevice.h but found that many of the enums that are declared with CUSTOM_TYPE in wdftraceenums.h are not annotated with "begin_wpp enum" so the WPP generation step fails.  I'm actually building with WDK 1.9 but i checked the include files in 1.11 and 1.13 and they have the same issue.
    The following enums are not annotated in wdfdevice.h but listed in wdftraceenums.h:
    WDF_STATE_NOTIFICATION_TYPE
    WDF_POWER_POLICY_S0_IDLE_CAPABILITIES
    WDF_POWER_POLICY_S0_IDLE_USER_CONTROL
    WDF_POWER_POLICY_IDLE_TIMEOUT_CONSTANTS
    WDF_POWER_POLICY_SX_WAKE_USER_CONTROL
    WDF_POWER_DEVICE_STATE
    WDF_DISPATCH_IRP_TO_IO_QUEUE_FLAGS
    WDF_SPECIAL_FILE_TYPE
    WDF_DEVICE_IO_TYPE
    WDF_FILEOBJECT_CLASS
    WDF_DEVICE_FAILED_ACTION
    WDF_RELEASE_HARDWARE_ORDER_ON_FAILURE
    WDF_REQUEST_TYPE WDF_REQUEST_TYPE
    WDF_POWER_POLICY_IDLE_TIMEOUT_TYPE
    WDF_REMOVE_LOCK_OPTIONS_FLAGS

Where is the "right" place to report this to MSFT?

Friday, February 6, 2015 12:12 AM

Answers

• I don't think they need to be annotated in device.h They are wrapped in begin_wpp & end_wpp in wdftraceenum.h, and that is enough. What annotation are you expecting?

pg - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, February 6, 2015 4:32 AM

All replies

• I don't think they need to be annotated in device.h They are wrapped in begin_wpp & end_wpp in wdftraceenum.h, and that is enough. What annotation are you expecting?

pg - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, February 6, 2015 4:32 AM
  • You are completely correct, It seems the CUSTOM_TYPE declarations in wdftraceenum.h are enough. The compile error I got was because I left a commented out line as one of the parameters to my TraceEvents call which apparently the preprocessor didn't like.

Thanks,

Eric

Friday, February 6, 2015 6:58 PM