none
Visual Studio 2015 XAML Designer Issue - Automatic Refresh

Question

• I am new to XAML and Windows Universal app development. I am trying to follow the Windows 10 development for absolute beginners video series in Channel9. Unfortunately, the Visual Studio 2015's XAML designer automatically keeps on refreshing. Sometimes, it seems stuck or slow when I try to click on an object to see its properties (for example). I uploaded a screen recording to give you a better idea of the problem on the link below. I am on Windows 10 with all the latest updates. Visual Studio has all the updates installed including the recent update 1.

https onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=83A0D68975794D80!61290&authkey=!ABqgJTySspQqm1Y&ithint=video%2cmp4

Has anybody faced this issue before? Please let me know your suggestions on resolving this.

Sunday, January 17, 2016 2:20 AM

Answers

• Hi unni_krishnan,

Thanks for your post.

Could you tell me what’s your machine configuration?

I have encountered this issue before. But not such frequent. The cause of mine is that my PC is too busy.

So first check your RAM or memory of your machine when . Restart your machine and restart your VS then try it again.

Or close other third party application in task manager then try it again.

In addition, I suggest you could use Visual  Studio instead of using VS Bland then try it again.

If it is still the same behavior. May be there is something wrong with your Visual Studio.

In this case, you could repair your VS and try it again.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 4:06 AM

All replies

• Hi unni_krishnan,

Thanks for your post.

Could you tell me what’s your machine configuration?

I have encountered this issue before. But not such frequent. The cause of mine is that my PC is too busy.

So first check your RAM or memory of your machine when . Restart your machine and restart your VS then try it again.

Or close other third party application in task manager then try it again.

In addition, I suggest you could use Visual  Studio instead of using VS Bland then try it again.

If it is still the same behavior. May be there is something wrong with your Visual Studio.

In this case, you could repair your VS and try it again.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 4:06 AM
  • Sorry for the delay in replying.

Figured out yesterday what's causing it. I raised a bug report with Microsoft. A developer replied to me with some questions. One of them was about the firewall. After I uninstalled my Comodo Firewall, the issue went away. It looks like it only happens with C++ universal app projects, not with C#.

Monday, February 08, 2016 2:56 AM