none
Showing "Could not load file or assembly 'System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations" when installing package for Windows Store App RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have encounter a problem which make me cannot install package for my Windows Store Application.

When I try to installing the package, the following error message shows up and cannot finish the process:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. 系統找不到指定的檔案。

I had try to find a solution from online and some of it advised it could fix by re-install the entityFramework but when I try to do it, the same message were show again.

Then, I had try to install .Net 4.52 update and the problem still exist. 

Please help if anyone know how to fix it and please accept my appreciation in advance.

• Edited by EricCartmen Sunday, August 10, 2014 6:49 PM
    Sunday, August 10, 2014 5:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please tell us what's your OS?

As far as I know, the package for Windows Store App only can be installed in win 8 or above. 

And what's the package you want to install?

>>but when I try to do it, the same message were show again.

Do you mean that you will get the same error when you reinstall the .net framework?

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 2:46 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Anna,

I am using Windows 8.1 basic version and the same error message will shows when I install any package(including mysql, facebook). Also, I got the same message when I install entityframework.

There is no problem when I reinstall the .net framework. But the error on DataAnnotations still havent fix.

Seems like the problem is from my OS not from Visual Studio. 

Thanks and regards

• Edited by EricCartmen Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:02 PM
    Wednesday, August 13, 2014 1:51 PM
  • Hi EricCartmen,

Seems the problem is from OS, I suggest you use the sfc /scannow command line to repair the system files.

Please open the command prompt as administrator. Then type this command line "sfc /scannow".

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 9:32 AM