XML Data Source RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am totally new in XML data source. We have one of our data hosting company. I asked their developer a question if i can get an ODBC connection to one of the table existed in dataware house. The developer replied that this particular table is created on the fly and data source is an XML source. I can use BI tool to get that particular report but i can get only by selecting one property by a specific date at a time. I want all the table data but it is existed in XML source. From BI tool I can get the SQL query, XML  version of that report and XML code of that report. I want to ask our hosting company if i can create an ODBC connection to XML source so i can get all data available in that particular table that has most current (transactional) information. I want to use that ODBC connection for one of our internal reporting system in Cognos. Can some body please tell me what information i would need to ask that hosting company developer to provide me in order to successfully create an ODBC connection to that XML data source. Thanks in advance for your help.

HAYAT

Sunday, February 19, 2012 2:25 AM

Answers

• sh226,

This is a forum for questions regarding the new SQL Server Data Tools database development environment. Do you have a question regarding SSDT? If not, please re-route your question to the appropriate product group/forum.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam Mahood - Program Manager - SQL Server Data Tools

Monday, February 20, 2012 4:27 PM