none
Visual Studio C# Form Designer - Stopped working - Only showing icons instead of rendering the objects

Question

• Hi,

I am usign VS 2008 to debug a Windows Mobile Professional 6.5 application (that runs on Falcon X3).  I am using dot net framework 3.5 (hence the need for VS 2008).  I have a windwos 10 PC.

The program compiles, builds and deploys perfectly OK to both the hardware device and the emulator.

But I can't open any forms for editing.  All the objects are just showing up as icons.

The screen below used to have nice buttons etc - ie it looked like an application.  Now just icons.

VS 2008 Form Designer has stopper rendering

justin

Tuesday, November 01, 2016 3:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Justin,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

As far as I know, the Windows Mobile Professional 6.5 application have a little old and there may be some compatibility issues with Windows 10, please try to create a new Windows Mobile Professional 3.5 application and add some buttons into the form, if the same problem happens, that means some display features in Windows Mobile Professional 6.5 application not supported on Windows 10.

Since the product lifecycle of the Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional already ended up, please check here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search?alpha=windows%20mobile%206.5%20professional and the mainstream support of VS 2008 also ended, to get a more professional support for the development, it is better to use the latest VS version like VS 2015 and find the similar project that can help you implement the same requirement, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 02, 2016 5:29 AM