none
Bug in Paging an EWS query using an AQS Restriction - Exchange Online and 2013 SP1 CU5 RRS feed

• Question

• It appears that a recent update to Exchange Online has affected the ability to page a FindItem operation using an AQS String past 250 items eg http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn579420(v=exchg.150).aspx . I know that the throttle changes has limited the maximum number of items returned in one call to 250 but you should (are where) able to use Paging to the get the next 250 items for a particular query. Eg any AQS query will now only return

<m:RootFolder IndexedPagingOffset="250" TotalItemsInView="250" IncludesLastItemInRange="true"><t:Items><t:Message>

If you use small page values you can page up to 250 items but not past it. I think it also affects OnPrem 2013 SP1 CU5 it's pretty easy to reproduce.

Can somebody confirm this is a bug being looked at ?

Cheers
    Glen 

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 6:53 AM

All replies

• This bug seems to have resurfaced again this time it's only affecting Archive Mailboxes. So any search of an Archive Store in Exchange Online using EWS and a AQS query will only return the first 250 results and will not allow you to page those results this doesn't affect Primary Mailbox. I can reproduce this issue using EWSEdtitor

Cheers
    Glen

Friday, December 19, 2014 2:37 AM
  • Glen,

We do have a work item tracking this issue. I don't have a timeframe for it though.

Jason

Friday, December 19, 2014 3:26 PM
  • Great thanks Jason for letting us know much appreciated

Cheers
    Glen

Saturday, December 20, 2014 6:07 AM
  • Hi Glen,

Was this ever resolved as I seem to be encountering the precise same issue in September 2016?

Thanks,

Nathan.

Thursday, September 8, 2016 2:13 PM
  • No last I checked it hasn't been resolved
    Friday, September 9, 2016 2:45 AM
  • Hi Glen,

Has this bug been resolved? I don't think so, but wanted to double-check...

Thanks

Thursday, November 9, 2017 2:30 PM
  • No I still see the same issue
    Friday, November 10, 2017 5:52 AM
  • That's a pretty substantial bug... I'm surprised it's not fixed. It basically renders the concept of paging useless.

How do you go around it if I want to search and process a lot of items? For example, if I want to assign certain property to all emails in all folders in the account, do I process it in batches of 250 with the AQS query parameters including only items with unassigned property, until I get a batch of less than 250 items?

Friday, November 10, 2017 5:44 PM
  • You could use a SearchFolder if its a relatively static query or an SearchFilter restriction as an alternative. The other thing from memory is if you trying to use a DateTime Restriction with the query if you remove that it may work (I can't remember the exact details)
    Monday, November 13, 2017 6:49 AM