none
Can't change Reminder Time, it's alway reset to previous value RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I write a Plugin for Outlook 2007.

somehow I can't change the reminder time for one Outlook TaskItem. I use a Custom Form with a DatePicker Control linked to the reminder Time Property of the TaskItem. When I select another Date with the DatePicker it's imediatly reset to the last Value.

I even tried to change it with OutlookSpy, but when reopening the Item the previous value is reset. I don't have any Event linked to the Control.

Any Idea?

Best Tom

Friday, September 13, 2013 9:25 AM

Answers

• It sounds to me like a corrupted item.

Try creating a duplicate with the same settings, delete the original one, and see if the same thing happens again. If so, test on a different item using the same custom form. If it happens again contact the author of the form.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Friday, September 13, 2013 8:33 PM

All replies

• Is this only on one task item or all that you've tried? If it's just one it may be corrupted.

After you tried to change the reminder time did you save the item?

Show the code you used.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Friday, September 13, 2013 5:57 PM
  • Hi Ken,

good to read you.

So far this is the only TaskItem with the Problem.I didn't change the Value by code but with the Custom Form in Outlook. No Code from me is involved there. The moment I Click on another Date in the Datepicker the value is reset to the previous one. I have no idea how this can happen.

In OutlookSpy I could cange the value. I clicked "Save Changes", but the DatePicker didn't Update and if I closed the Item and reopend it the previous Value was restored.

Best

Tom

Friday, September 13, 2013 6:27 PM
  • It sounds to me like a corrupted item.

Try creating a duplicate with the same settings, delete the original one, and see if the same thing happens again. If so, test on a different item using the same custom form. If it happens again contact the author of the form.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Friday, September 13, 2013 8:33 PM