none
C++/CX vs. C# Performance?

General discussion

• When wanting to right performant code for the app store, is the equivalent in C# slower than the equivalent using microsofts C++/CX?
    Friday, February 1, 2013 10:14 AM

All replies

• "is the equivalent in C# slower than the equivalent using microsofts C++/CX?"

Likely yes because C++/CX generates native code and the C++ compiler has a better optimizer than CLR. Also C# may have greater overhead when calling WinRT APIs due to interop.

That said, it ultimately depends on the code you're writing.

Friday, February 1, 2013 1:06 PM
  • "but instead put it on the clipboard to paste into a forum or email message."

That doesn't make much sense and it seems irrelevant for the subject of this thread.

"it runs rings around the windows applet. the reason, I used win32 C for the heavy lifting and it is so fast compared to .NET its ridiculous."

Erm, that windows applet like much of Windows is written in C/C++ and uses Win32...

"i estimate my program is 1000x faster"

The only way to get such a speed up would be to use a different technique to retreive the list of programs. Whatever language you are using won't matter in this case...

"so I call .NET .SLOW"

Maybe you should keep your opions to yourself, you obviously don't have a clue about what you are talking about...

Saturday, February 2, 2013 6:36 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for your participation.

We have specific forums for Windows Store apps development issues:http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsapps You may find a better forum in this category.

And I think it would be better to change the type of this thread to "General Discussion", because this question seems to have no "solid" answer.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Damon Zheng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, February 18, 2013 12:58 PM