none
Where is this error coming from after deployment

Question

• I cannot make this error go away.  The application runs and builds successfully on my local server.  My deployment results indicate success.  But the result is always the same.   The feat I am attempting is merely to set my starting directory location to a directory that is on my root.  The enigma is that I do not ever mention "C:\.." in my code.  I do not know what else to try because I cannot proceed without resolving the problem and I have tried several variations of my coding to try to work around what I believe is a bug.  Any suggestions or help are welcome.

eps123

Thursday, May 26, 2016 5:21 PM

Answers

• Hi eps123,

>> The feat I am attempting is merely to set my starting directory location to a directory that is on my root.

Is this root path C:\ or not?

According to the error message, this problem caused by the invalid path for the "sdata" file. Please check whether the path for "sdata" file in your code is relative path. If not, please try use the relative path.

And please set Copy Local to True in the file's Properties window to make sure this file has been copied to the deployment folder.

In addition, please provide some detailed steps about how deploy your website and some custom settings, which can help us to check whether there has any problem during deploying and the settings.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by eps123 Friday, May 27, 2016 2:50 PM
    Friday, May 27, 2016 6:41 AM

All replies

• Hi eps123,

>> The feat I am attempting is merely to set my starting directory location to a directory that is on my root.

Is this root path C:\ or not?

According to the error message, this problem caused by the invalid path for the "sdata" file. Please check whether the path for "sdata" file in your code is relative path. If not, please try use the relative path.

And please set Copy Local to True in the file's Properties window to make sure this file has been copied to the deployment folder.

In addition, please provide some detailed steps about how deploy your website and some custom settings, which can help us to check whether there has any problem during deploying and the settings.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Marked as answer by eps123 Friday, May 27, 2016 2:50 PM
    Friday, May 27, 2016 6:41 AM
  • Thank you for an explanation of what has been going on for some time. I am searching for an area that all solutions may utilize. The only one I have found is the root which is "\" in my local environment and works well in visual studio but obviously does not get translated to the root on deployment. There must be an easy way to accomplish what I am trying. Can you give me that way or tell me what I need to read to get there?

eps123

Friday, May 27, 2016 3:00 PM
  • Hi eps123,

Please try set the path with " \\\ " in your code when you deploy your website to server.

If it still doesn't resolve this issue, I suggest you post this problem to Web Deployment forum for a better help. Since our forum discuss Visual Studio IDE usage problem, such as Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, and your problem more related to web deployment. I think the web deployment experts will provide more appropriate help. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 9:18 AM