Get Client Information RRS feed

• Question

• User-1218295081 posted

Dear,

I have a website published on IIS Server i want to get client who access my website such as

Client IP address , Client Computer name (Machine name) , client Operating system 

Thank you.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:28 AM

Answers

• User-821857111 posted

Some of this information is available in the Request.ServerVariables collection. You can't get the client computer name though. You ca also uise the shortcuts to Request.ServerVariables:

Request.UserHostAddress will give you the client IP

Request.Browser will give you information about the browser which may also include information about the OS.

Having said that, I don't know what use the OS and computer name are to you.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:32 AM
  • User724169276 posted

Hello,

Using platform javascript you can get desired information about your end user.Just go through the documentation for possible information of client side.

https://github.com/bestiejs/platform.js/blob/master/doc/README.md#readme

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:35 AM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

Some of this information is available in the Request.ServerVariables collection. You can't get the client computer name though. You ca also uise the shortcuts to Request.ServerVariables:

Request.UserHostAddress will give you the client IP

Request.Browser will give you information about the browser which may also include information about the OS.

Having said that, I don't know what use the OS and computer name are to you.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:32 AM
  • User724169276 posted

Hello,

Using platform javascript you can get desired information about your end user.Just go through the documentation for possible information of client side.

https://github.com/bestiejs/platform.js/blob/master/doc/README.md#readme

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:35 AM