none
Microsoft Loves Re-inventing the Wheel RRS feed

• Question

• Why o-why does Microsoft insist on constantly changing everything that enterprise administrators are used to? For example.......good news! your MSDN subscription has been moved (FYI this is not good news, I didn't ask for it to be moved, the navigation is awful and the download speed sucks ass)

Another re-invention is the Azure portal, again the old portal was easy to use and navigate, the new portal is annoying, crashes browsers and is just over-complicated.

Another stupid design is Windows 10, with it's baked in "Apps" I did not want crap taking extra space on my hardware, and you make it so bloody difficult to remove, it's beyond a joke. The metro interface that we were all force to accept and then when the backfire occurred, got changed back to something that similar to what we had before.

I am seriously considering advising my clients to use Linux, as it is more secure, not filled with tracking and telemetry, that again is a pain in the ass to turn off and is not wanted by most people.

Microsoft you have made me hate you.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 11:15 AM

All replies

• Dear JackedGopher,

Thanks and I appreciate your feedback, 

Please contact the Visual Studio Subscription support and leave your feedback there.

https://www.visualstudio.com/subscriptions/support/

Thanks,
    prathaprabhu

If my reply is useful please mark it as answered as it help other users with the same query. I am a Microsoft Partner, MVP and MCC and I want to become One Day Microsoft CEO.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 1:16 PM
  • Why o-why does Microsoft insist on constantly changing everything that enterprise administrators are used to? For example.......good news! your MSDN subscription has been moved (FYI this is not good news, I didn't ask for it to be moved, the navigation is awful and the download speed sucks ass)

Another re-invention is the Azure portal, again the old portal was easy to use and navigate, the new portal is annoying, crashes browsers and is just over-complicated.

Another stupid design is Windows 10, with it's baked in "Apps" I did not want crap taking extra space on my hardware, and you make it so bloody difficult to remove, it's beyond a joke. The metro interface that we were all force to accept and then when the backfire occurred, got changed back to something that similar to what we had before.

I am seriously considering advising my clients to use Linux, as it is more secure, not filled with tracking and telemetry, that again is a pain in the ass to turn off and is not wanted by most people.

Why has Microsoft made it so hard to find what you are looking for?  What the heck was wrong with the old site?
    Friday, June 23, 2017 12:18 AM

Why has Microsoft made it so hard to find what you are looking for?  What the heck was wrong with the old site?

Dear coobal,

I hope you must have received an email about the new Visual Studio Subscription portal migration and so the old MSDN portal has been retired. 

Please do understand that the new portal is still under migration and we can expect some more changes in the near future.

Thanks,
    prathaprabhu

If my reply is useful please mark it as answered as it help other users with the same query. I am a Microsoft Partner, MVP and MCC and I want to become One Day Microsoft CEO.

Friday, June 23, 2017 12:52 AM