none
Response.Redirect() not working? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I  have created a test app in which i am opening already developed site.

But I have requirement like i have to move from one site to other with some data.

My problem is when I use response.Redirect(to some site) it opens IE window.but I don't need that window to be opened,rather than I want it should be redirected as it was redirecting in normal website.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 12:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

By default, if your app attempts to navigate to a URL in a domain other than the domain that hosts the start page of your app (as specified in the SourceLocation element of the app's manifest file), that URL will open in a new browser window outside of the Office host application's app pane. This default behavior protects the user against unexpected page navigation within the app pane from embedded iframe elements.

To override this behavior, you need to specify each domain you want to open in the app window in the list of domains specified within the AppDomains element of your app's manifest file. If the app attempts to navigate to a URL in a domain that isn't in the list, that URL will open in a new browser window (outside of the app pane).

You can get more detail from link below:
    How to: Navigate to more than one domain within the same app pane

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 7, 2014 6:08 AM