LightSwitch JSON + IIS Dynamic Compression, good results or break things? RRS feed

• Question

• I enabled dynamic compression on an LightSwitch 2012 (1.0) project by adding this mime type:  application/json;odata=fullmetadata;streaming=true;charset=utf-8

I can confirm that compression is working.  However, should I be concerned that this will break anything how LightSwitch works?

Ultimately I'm looking to increase performance, but not at the cost of breaking the app.

Thanks,

Michael 

Thursday, January 16, 2014 4:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Michael,

Bandwidth-constrained App is issue to enable compression on the server side.

Using compression the network traffic goes down. CPU usage seems to be the key point,

Compression fiddler can find out the transferred amount of the application, you can monitor it on your side.

If burning cpu cycles using compression is an issue, it seems to be an architectural issue.

Best regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, January 27, 2014 7:31 AM
    Friday, January 17, 2014 8:02 AM