none
Unable to Delete Files in Azure Storage RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm new to Azure Storage Explorer and have uploaded a lot of files.  Some of them can be deleted to clear space.

I'm trying to delete or rename them and I get the following error:

Which permissions am I missing?

Regards,

Thursday, August 18, 2016 3:36 AM

All replies

• Hello, perhaps you could try to delete this storage account from Azure Storage Explorer and add it back, carefully, with the appropriate permissions? Say, use a connection string (which gives full access)?

The data above this text is pseudorandom, brace yourselves.

Thursday, August 18, 2016 7:18 AM
  • Hi,

I am also having the same problem at my office. The azure storage was created upon generating the SAS URL while I was doing a PST import via Office 365.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thursday, August 18, 2016 7:32 AM
  • I'm not sure about this scenario, but I've found this information:
    When you use the network upload method to import PST files, you upload them to an Azure blob container named ingestiondata. All PST files in the ingestiondata container are deleted 60 days after the most recent PST file has been uploaded. For example, let's say you uploaded a large batch of PST files on August 1, 2016. Then you uploaded more files on August 15, 2016. If you don't upload any more files, then all PST files in the ingestiondata container will be deleted on approximately October 15, 2016.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge on Office 365 PST migrations can clarify this, I've never personally done this.

The data above this text is pseudorandom, brace yourselves.

Thursday, August 18, 2016 8:42 AM
  • Is 60 days still the standard and who pays for that storage in Azure?

Kris Wagner, MVP, MCITP, MCTS Twitter @sharepointkris Blog: http://www.sharepointkris.com/blog

Thursday, October 25, 2018 7:51 PM