VS2015 (Enterprise) unit test doesn't work anymore as the test running in VS2013 - Error message "The program can't start because xxx.dll is missing from your computer" RRS feed

• Question

• I have a unit test project which calls the method from the interop type library. This unit test does work well in VS2013, but it doesn't work anymore since I opened the unit test project in VS2015 Enterprise instead, I got error "The program can't start because Xalan-C_1_7_0.dll is missing from your computer". Xalan-C_1_7_0.dll is a file in the installation folder behind the above interop type library.

Test settings: Default Processor Architechture = X86
    Unit Test project platform target: X86 (same to in VS2013)

Any idea how to get unit test working in VS2015 ?

Thanks

Sunday, August 23, 2015 3:29 AM

All replies

• Hi LeiJin,

According to your error message, could you please tell me if you get same error message after you create a new unit test from VS2015?

In addition, I did some research about this Xalan-C_1_7_0.dll, I know that xalan-c_1_7_0.dll is a Xalan-C_1_7_0.dll belonging to Xalan-C++ Version 1.7.0 from Apache Software Foundation Non-system processes like xalan-c_1_7_0.dll originate from software you installed on your system.

So please tell me if you use the Xalan-C_1_7_0.dll as reference in your unit test project.

Please share me more detailed message about your issue so that we will further help you check this issue.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 7:56 AM