none
Windows Embedded Compact 7 mplayer search path RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I use Windows Embedded Compact 7 on an ARM device and use teh new music player. I have several audio files on the device. If I open the mplayer and click on all songs I do not see any audio file. If I double click one of the audio files the mplayer starts playing the file.

Does anybody know how to make audio files visable to the music player?

Is a registry entry necessary to make that working?

Is a specific folder necessary on the target device?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Thursday, February 24, 2011 3:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• I had the same troubles with photo viewer several days ago. You should update MLCONFIG.XML (check reldir) file with appropriate "file search" path.
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:14 PM
  • thanks that worked now I can see the files.
    • Marked as answer by MikeEngel Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:35 PM
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:35 PM
  • hi can you please tell me how to update mlconfig.xml path with sample

thanks

bala

Monday, May 23, 2011 1:38 PM
  • i can you please tell me how to update mlconfig.xml path with sample

thanks

bala

Monday, May 23, 2011 1:39 PM
  • Hi Bala,

here some samples how I have updated the mlconfig.xml fle

<WatchLocation DataSourceId="1" Root="\Storage Card" Profile="local" Auto="1"/>
    <WatchLocation DataSourceId="1" Root="\Hard Disk" Profile="local" Auto="1"/>

I hope that can help you.

Best regards,

Mike

Monday, May 23, 2011 4:13 PM
  • http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg469905.aspx
    Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    Monday, May 23, 2011 5:49 PM
  • hi mike

thanks for the reply but my problem is still not solved ,iam not able to get the playlist,song list on the screen 

my path is \hard disk2\wmv this is the folder i have songs in

<WatchLocation DataSourceId="1" Root="\Hard Disk2" Profile="local" Auto="1"/>

this is how i entered

thanks

bala

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:30 AM
  • Hi bala,

have you tried to have a video file in the root path of Hard Disk2? You also could try to change your entry to hard disk2\wmv to see if that helps. I dnon't know if the vplayer will also search to all subfolders in your hard disk2 device or only in the path specified in the mlconfig.xml.

Best regards,

Mike

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:55 AM
  • hi mike

i tried hard disk2\wmv also still not getting the song list in the wmv folder i have both video and audio file,when i go in to the folder and click on the song or video it plays thro the player only not showing the playlist and songlist

and one more iam not able to play youtube video also on the ie7 can help me solve this also

thanks

bala

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:14 PM
  • Hi Bala,

I guess you have verified that the changes you made in the mlconfig.xml file are in project directory or target, right? I only had to change that and it worked on my system so I don't know what is going wrong on your system.

Regarding Youtube I guess you have included the Flash support in your OS project. I haven't done anything with teh IE in Windows Embedded Compact 7 so far. Have you checked if there is another thread regarding Youtube or Flash support?

Best regards,

Mike

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 1:07 PM
  • Hi Mike and All,

I have just  gotten the trouble. My nandflash is mounted at "Flash Disk" and the SD card is mounted at "SDHC_Memory".

And the "Mlconfig.XML" file is configured as follow :

<MLConfig dbpath="\SDHC_Memory\123.sdf">
       <DisableThumbnailGeneration/>
       <WatchLocations>
        <WatchLocation DataSourceId="1" Root="\Flash Disk\Media" Profile="local" Auto="1"/>
        <WatchLocation DataSourceId="1" Root="\SDHC_Memory\Media" Profile="local" Auto="1"/>

<WatchLocation DataSourceId="1" Root="\Flash Disk" Profile="local" Auto="1"/>
        <WatchLocation DataSourceId="1" Root="\SDHC_Memory" Profile="local" Auto="1"/>

</WatchLocations>
    </MLConfig>

(some mp3 and mp4 files in the "Media" and each root directory.)

I got the size 384KB of the file "\SDHC_Memory\123.sdf" after executed the Vplayer.exe or Mplayer.exe but nothing display on the both apps list.

While I open the database file "123.sdf" on PC by vs2008,there are all empty recode.

So I have tried to invoke the function "AddWatchedLocation" as follow:

MLDataSource datasource;
       BSTR location = L"\\1.sdf";
       BOOL Handled;

datasource.Id = ML_DS_MAX;// or  ML_DS_FileSystem  I have used
       datasource.Name = folder;
       datasource.Root = directory;
       datasource.Flags = ML_DSF_Pull;//or ML_DSF_None,ML_DSF_Pull,ML_DSF_Browse, I have used

IMLPushQueue *pPushQueue=NULL;
       m_MLCore->GetPushQueue (&pPushQueue);
       hr = pPushQueue->AddWatchedLocation(datasource, location,&Handled);

But it return the "hr"  value was  E_INVALIDARG,I can not find out  which parameter was error.

Help, Could anyone got the similar problem?

Thanks All.

Thursday, June 9, 2011 2:57 AM