none
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is already a part of this operating system, but it is currently turned off. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I am trying to install .NET Framework 4.7 on my Windows Server 2012 R2, and is receiving the error mentioned in the titel. I have in installed the .NET Framework 4.5 through 'Add Roles and Features Wizard'. 

But I don't see why it should prevent me from updating to 4.7?

Have anyone else experienced this, and maybe have a solution for it?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, September 7, 2017 1:32 PM

Answers

• I managed to get .NET Framework installed on my server, by downloading the KB artikel for .NET Framework instead of the regular Offline installer.

The artikel nummber is  kb3186539.

• Marked as answer by VesselIT Friday, September 8, 2017 7:23 AM
    Friday, September 8, 2017 7:23 AM

All replies

• Hi VessellT,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

After installing .Net Framework 4.7on Windows Server 2012 R2, you can find this as Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3186539) under Installed Updates in Control Panel.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 8, 2017 5:43 AM
  • Hi Lana,

As the installation is getting an error, .NET isn't installed. I have just confirmed this by looking in Installed Updates.

Friday, September 8, 2017 6:32 AM
  • I managed to get .NET Framework installed on my server, by downloading the KB artikel for .NET Framework instead of the regular Offline installer.

The artikel nummber is  kb3186539.

• Marked as answer by VesselIT Friday, September 8, 2017 7:23 AM
    Friday, September 8, 2017 7:23 AM
  • Hi VessellT,

Thank you for your update and glad to hear that you solved this issue successfully.

It's really kind of you for sharing your solution here, and will benefit other members who have similar question.

Have a good day :)

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 8, 2017 7:28 AM