The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Virtual Machines!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
PEAP-MSCHAPv2 wifi 802.1x security RRS feed

• Question

• Is the PEAP-MSCHAPv2 NPS wifi 802.1x not a secure method of authentication what's the official stance from Microsoft for secure wireless connectivity?

Is the only secure option to Configure Certificate based authentication? (the smart card of certificate option on the client and server)

Sunday, November 10, 2019 11:09 AM

All replies

• Can you provide some additional details around your ask? I am not seeing how this is related to Azure Virtual machines. 
    Sunday, November 10, 2019 4:07 PM
  • I couldn't find another section to place this , but this relates to a wifi setup in azure.

I have a windows nps server , azure ad , azure ad domain service and nps talking to the domain services for wifi access via peap-mschapv2 working, however this isn't secure?

if this is in the wrong location where can this be posted?

Sunday, November 10, 2019 5:45 PM
  • Not sure I am familiar with Wifi and and Azure VM. All the nodes are hardwired so no wifi should be available. Could you send some links if you are following any so I can better understand? 
    Monday, November 11, 2019 5:31 PM
  • Hello,

Any update on the issue?

Can you provide the requested information for assisting better on the issue.

Thanks.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 11:40 AM
  • Hello,

Any update on the issue?

Thanks.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 10:30 AM
  • Hello,

Any update on the issue?

Thanks.

Friday, November 29, 2019 8:44 AM