none
Problem with KB4494441 and VB40016.dll

Question

• Hi, I have a problem with windows security update KB4494441 and a former application that uses VB40016.dll. When I install it, the application gave me "error PERFIN95, an error has been produced in VB40016.dll at 0019:057B" and, as soon as I uninstall the KB update, the error dissapears. I understand it is an old application and dll, but, is it any way I can avoid the error without the need to uninstall the ref. update?

Thanks and kind regards.

Sunday, May 19, 2019 1:47 PM

All replies

• Hello,

If this is for a VB classic project, not VB.NET then please consider posting your question in the forum below as forum is solely for VB.NET not VB Classic.

http://www.vbforums.com/forumdisplay.php?1-Visual-Basic-6-and-Earlier

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Sunday, May 19, 2019 2:50 PM
  • Sorry, but I cannot find the VB Classic forum, the only VB forum I can find is always Visual Studio Languages - .NET - Visual Basic.

Regards.

• Edited by fjec Monday, May 20, 2019 11:08 PM
    Monday, May 20, 2019 11:08 PM
  • Sorry, but I cannot find the VB Classic forum, the only VB forum I can find is always Visual Studio Languages - .NET - Visual Basic.

Regards.

Hi

Is the forum in the link that Karen gave you no use then?

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

Monday, May 20, 2019 11:18 PM

Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 1:52 AM
  • Sorry, I didn't see it. I will open the discussion in that one.

Thanks again

regards

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 6:22 AM