none
RTM Office Developer Tools for VS 2012 RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Jake,

Would Saurabh's response (and explanation of the possible root cause) at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/appsforsharepoint/thread/4652f4de-b1f2-4b51-858f-cff40760eeae help?

Best of luck, and let me know if there's anything I can help with.

- Michael

Michael Zlatkovsky | Program Manager, Visual Studio Tools for Office & Apps for Office

• Marked as answer by Jake Cusack Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:53 PM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:06 PM
  • Hi Jake,

Another colleague of mine recommended the following:

If you install Ews manually using the command line option and VS was already running, the MEF cache might not get updated.

In that case you have to delete the MEF cache under %localappdata%\microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\ComponentModelCache or run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe /setup" after closing all instances of Visual Studio.

Hope this helps,

- Michael

Michael Zlatkovsky | Program Manager, Visual Studio Tools for Office & Apps for Office

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 10:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Jake,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN forum.

I would recommend you clarify your goal more clearly. Do you mean Visual Studio Tools for Office runtime for Visual Studio 2012?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, January 25, 2013 1:57 AM
  • Sorry Tom,

Ok, I have the RTM version of VS Professional 2012 and I am trying to build SharePoint Apps in SharePoint 2013, but I can only find Microsoft Office Developer Tools 2012 – RC Preview,

I downloaded the direct links that enabled me to see the SharePoint\Office Apps but when I try to run the app I get the following error

"An error occurred while trying to load required components. Please ensure that the following prerequisite components are installed:

Microsoft web developer Tools

Microsoft exchange Web Services."

I have read through blogs and one said that the was an RTM Preview but I am unable to find this also I have read allot of threads asking when it would be released going back to last November

I did post onto that but as it was answered I had no response, so I Started a new thread.

I was hoping someone would be in the know on what was happening with this??

Thanks again

Jake

• Edited by Jake Cusack Friday, January 25, 2013 1:54 PM
    Friday, January 25, 2013 1:41 PM
  • Hi Jake,

I will involve some experts into the thread to see whether they can help you out. There might be some time delay, appreciate for your patience.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, January 28, 2013 6:57 AM
  • Hi, the forum announcement is the channel that we can get the release information. Let's monitor the announcement area in this forum.

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Monday, January 28, 2013 10:22 AM
  • Hello Tom, Forrest, have you had any updates on this??

I have tried everything i have read on this forum and others and i am still not getting anywhere ? 

Many thanks 

Jake

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 2:04 PM
  • Hi Jake,

FYI, you should be able to use "Preview 2" of the tools instead, which includes a variety of fixes over the RC Preview that you mention.  You can download the tools from http://www.microsoft.com/web/handlers/WebPI.ashx?command=GetInstallerRedirect&appid=OfficeToolsForVS2012GA, or read the full announcement from a few months ago here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/officeapps/archive/2012/11/12/announcing-the-latest-release-of-office-developer-tools.aspx

Hope this helps,

- Michael

Friday, February 8, 2013 12:04 AM
  • Many thanks Michael, I do have this installed but when I try and create an Office/SharePoint App, I click ok, then go to “Specify the app for SharePoint settings” Page I go through the Name, what Site and how do I want to host the app for SharePoint (select SharePoint-Hosted) and click finish I get

"An error occurred while trying to load required components. Please ensure that the following prerequisite components are installed:

Microsoft web developer Tools

Microsoft exchange Web Services."

And I am back at square one,

I did read an article about installing EwsManagedApi.msi but that doesn’t seem to work either??

Any thoughts? And again thank you for your time

Jake

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 5:09 PM
  • Hi Jake,

Would Saurabh's response (and explanation of the possible root cause) at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/appsforsharepoint/thread/4652f4de-b1f2-4b51-858f-cff40760eeae help?

Best of luck, and let me know if there's anything I can help with.

- Michael

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:06 PM
  • Hi Jake,

Another colleague of mine recommended the following:

If you install Ews manually using the command line option and VS was already running, the MEF cache might not get updated.

In that case you have to delete the MEF cache under %localappdata%\microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\ComponentModelCache or run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe /setup" after closing all instances of Visual Studio.

Hope this helps,

- Michael

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 10:28 PM