none
FileNotFoundException RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have developed one c# console application in .Net framework 3.5 .

It uses microsoft.analysis.adomd.client dll as as reference for its adomd connection.

It works correctly in local environment ,but in production it throws exception regarding microsoft.analysis.adomd.client dll.

Exception:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or ass
    embly 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutra
    l, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system canno
    t find the file specified.
    File name: 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=n
    eutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'

In both environment it uses Windows server 2008R2,SQL Server 2008 R2.

Can any one help me?

Thanks ,

DIP.

• Moved by Leo Liu - MSFT Friday, August 5, 2011 8:09 AM Moved for better support. (From:Visual C# Language)
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 4:38 PM

Answers

• Hi All,

I had solved the problem by changing reference Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient(9.0.242.0) into version 10.0.0.0.

Thanks for your fast replies.

Thanks,

DIP.

• Marked as answer by Paul Zhou Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:24 AM
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 9:33 AM

All replies

• Welcome to MSDN Forums.

If your target machine is 64bit then don't compile your main project with "any cpu" and use x86 instead because if you do this then the main project will run under x86 architecture and won't cause an error when it reaches a 32bit dll in it's dependencies.

Your Sincerely,

Yasser.

LEARN HOW TO WRITE AN ASP.NET REUSABLE COMPONENT AND MORE IN A 30 MINUTES VIDEO: How to write an asp.net reusable component
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 4:51 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your fast reply.I will work on it and let you know.

Thanks,

DIP.

Thursday, August 4, 2011 5:00 PM
  •  

Hi,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side. Would you mind letting us know the result of the suggestions?

If you have got answers, please remember to mark answer and close this thread.

If not, any more concerns, please feel free to let us know.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Paul Zhou

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, August 8, 2011 8:25 AM
  • Hi,

Still I am facing the same error when I run my application. I have pasted the error message that I have got.

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or ass
    embly 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutra
    l, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system canno
    t find the file specified.
    File name: 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=n
    eutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'
       at com.bgt.li.QACheckAutomation.LIQACheckJobCountReportGenerator..ctor()
       at com.bgt.li.QACheckAutomation.LIJobCountReportGenerator.Main(String[] args)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\M
    icrosoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure lo
    gging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fus
    ion!EnableLog].

Description:
      Stopped working

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
      Problem Signature 01:    liqacheckjobcountreportgenerator
      Problem Signature 02:    1.0.0.0
      Problem Signature 03:    4e300dc0
      Problem Signature 04:    LIQACheckJobCountReportGenerator
      Problem Signature 05:    1.0.0.0
      Problem Signature 06:    4e300dc0
      Problem Signature 07:    1
      Problem Signature 08:    5
      Problem Signature 09:    System.IO.FileNotFoundException
      OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.274.10
      Locale ID:    1033

Someone please tell me how to reproduce this error?

Thanks,

DIP

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 10:15 AM
  • Hi Dhanalakshmi,

Please check if your production machine runs a 64 bit version of windows. Your dev environment might be a 32 bit machine.

One easy way of checking this is - if you have the folder 'C:\Program Files (x86)', it is usually a 64 bit machine (In most cases :)

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 12:55 PM
  • Hi,

Have you checked whether the referenced dll has been in the right folder?

I suggest you build the project with x86 or x64 option to specify the running model.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 5:44 AM
  • Hi All,

I had solved the problem by changing reference Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient(9.0.242.0) into version 10.0.0.0.

Thanks for your fast replies.

Thanks,

DIP.

• Marked as answer by Paul Zhou Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:24 AM
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 9:33 AM