none
HDInsight Emulator not getting installed. RRS feed

• Question

• I've been trying to install the HDInsight Emulator using the Web Platform Installer, but I',m getting this error:

I could proceed the log file if anyone wanted to have a look at it.  The problem was, once i installed the emulator and it worked successfully, ie: got those three shortcuts in my desktop such as Hadoop Command Line, Yarn. But I by mistakenly deleted those shortcuts and was unable to fetch those files again. So i tried re-installing the emulator, and end up with the above error. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy Coding!

Monday, February 16, 2015 12:47 PM

Answers

• The fact that it is not able to find cmd.exe is really odd, since it's the Windows command prompt. Did you remove everything else from your PATH variable?

Debarchan Sarkar - MSFT ( This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.)

• Marked as answer by Kulasangar Wednesday, February 18, 2015 7:48 AM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2015 7:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can send me the log files, I'll take a look.

Can you try to uninstall and then do a clean install? Remember to uninstall HDP first and then the HDInsight emulator from control panel.

Regards.

Debarchan Sarkar - MSFT ( This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.)

Monday, February 16, 2015 12:51 PM
  • Fine, I'll send you the files to your mail and the HDInsight emulator is already uninstalled but didn't uninstall HDP?

You mean the Hortonworks?.

Happy Coding!

Monday, February 16, 2015 12:57 PM
  • Yes, that's the recommended uninstall order. First uninstall Hortonworks Data Platform and then the Emulator.

Regards.

Monday, February 16, 2015 1:11 PM
  • As far as i can remember i did it that way. I've sent you the log files. Thanks again.

Happy Coding!

Monday, February 16, 2015 1:13 PM
  • Looks like some problem with the java version installed in your system. I see this in the log which is the point of failure:

CAQuietExec:  Checking JAVA_HOME is set correctly...
    • CAQuietExec:  Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_45 was unexpected at this time.
    • CAQuietExec:  Error 0x800700ff: Command line returned an error.
    • CAQuietExec:  Error 0x800700ff: CAQuietExec Failed

Is this the correct jdk directory? If possible, can you reinstall the jdk version?

Regards.

Monday, February 16, 2015 1:23 PM
  • Yes that;s the correct path. I've got two versions such as jdk1.6.0_45 and jdk 1.8.0_05. SO you want me to change the JAVA_HOME from the environment variables?

Or re-install the 1.6 version yet again?  Thanks

Happy Coding!

Monday, February 16, 2015 1:28 PM
  • Change the JAVA_HOME and try. If it does not work do a reinstall of the 1.6 version. There is something in jdk which is causing the installer to fail which I'm not sure at this point. A system reboot may help.

Regards.

Monday, February 16, 2015 1:33 PM
  • Oh okies fine. I'll change the JAVA_HOME and see and then a reboot. I'll let you know further after that.

Happy Coding!

Monday, February 16, 2015 1:37 PM
  • I tried doing a reboot after changing the JAVA_HOME but still I'm unable to install with the same set of errors.

Happy Coding!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 8:29 AM
  • Is it the same error in the HWX log about the Java home? Can you paste the full path of your jdk installation folders?

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 8:48 AM
  • Yeah it's the same error but dunno whether its coz of the Java home. How could i check that?  You wanted me to post it here.!  Thanks again

Happy Coding!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 8:51 AM
  • Paste the full path of your jdk installation folders.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 8:52 AM
  • Is this the one you were asking for:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_45 & C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_05.

Happy Coding!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 8:54 AM
  • Yes. The issue could be because of space in the path (Program Files), Java does not like spaces. Could you follow the steps in this link and see if that helps:
    https://community.oracle.com/thread/2173702?start=0&tstart=0

Regards.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 8:56 AM
  • So i copy pasted the Java directory somewhere else which doesn't have spaces or any special characters. So after that should i change the Java home from the variables?

Happy Coding!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 9:05 AM
  • Yes.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 9:08 AM
  • Still it's the same. Should i represent the log files?

Happy Coding!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 11:38 AM
  • Yes, please.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 11:41 AM
  • These are the latest log files:

Log file for the Web Installer

http://pastebin.com/v8K0NLxq

Log file for the HDP for Windows

http://pastebin.com/tX1y6xyi

Thanks again :)

Happy Coding!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 12:03 PM
  • Ok, seems like we have made some progress. Now the error is:

CAQuietExec:  'powershell.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    596.CAQuietExec:  operable program or batch file.
    597.CAQuietExec:  Error 0x80072331: Command line returned an error.
    598.CAQuietExec:  Error 0x80072331: CAQuietExec Failed

To remedy this:
    Add the folder where powershell.exe resides to the System Environment Variable PATH
    i.e. Append these paths into the PATH environment variable. (Make sure that powershell.exe exists in the below paths)
    C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;

Sometimes there is a problem when there are too many paths already added in the PATH variable. The problem is when HDInsight emulator installer gets the path it only reads first 1024 characters. Add the path of the powershell (as provided above) at the front of the path variable instead of end.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 12:52 PM
  • This is getting into some serious pain, just deleting those shortcuts messed the whole thing.

Still the same issue. :( Should i proceed with the log files?

Sorry for the trouble.

Happy Coding!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 3:40 PM
  • Getting those shortcuts back was an easy job, there was no need for a reinstall.

Anyways, you can check the HDP log yourself for the error. If you see the same powershell error message, you need to ensure that the path to powershell.exe is successfully added to the system environment variable.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 5:22 PM
  • Maybe i've done the wrong thing by uninstalling it. Yes i what you told me, like giving the powershell path fist up in the environment variables. But that was the same case. Will it be possible for you to check in with teamviewer or something?  Thanks again

Happy Coding!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 5:24 PM
  • Upload the logs again and send me the link.

A live meeting session using Teamviewer might not be possible under the scope of a forum thread. For that kind of extensive troubleshooting you will need to open a support request ticket with Microsoft Support services. I hope you understand.

Regards.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 5:59 PM
  • Yep got it.. these are the log files yet again:

Log file for HDP for Windows:

http://pastebin.com/VX58EBdp

Web Platform Installer log:

http://pastebin.com/EQXYnejQ

Thanks!

Happy Coding!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 6:24 PM
  • Hi,

It seems that we are hitting one problem after the other. After getting past the Java home and powershell errors, the installer is now complaining about python:

CAQuietExec:  Checking JAVA_HOME is set correctly...
    • CAQuietExec:  Checking python executable is present
    • CAQuietExec:  No python executable found in path
    • CAQuietExec:  Error 0x80070001: Command line returned an error.
    • CAQuietExec:  Error 0x80070001: CAQuietExec Failed

You have to add your Python executable path in your PATH environment variable as well and retry. The HDP logs are pretty easy to look into. I suggest you try to go through it yourself if next time you hit an error again.
    • Regards.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 6:29 PM
  • I've already set that path in the Environment Variables, and this is how my path goes:

C:\Python34;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\cygwin64\bin;C:\hdp\hadoop-2.4.0.2.1.3.0-1981\bin;C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_45\bin;

But anyways i'll do another installation, is there any particular Python version that i should install?

Thanks.

Happy Coding!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 6:39 PM
  • Yes, I think so. As per the Web PI log, the installer is looking for C:\Python27.

Surprising that you got it working smoothly before and only having so many problems, that too environmental pre-requisite issues while doing a reinstall.

Regards.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 6:44 PM
  • So I'll install and run the Python version of 2.7.

It can be 2.7.x or it should be the exact 2.7?

Thanks!

Happy Coding!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 6:49 PM
  • I believe it can be any version, just the folder name needs to be Python27 on C:\ root. Better to have the exact 2.7 version if possible to be on the safe side.

Regards.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 6:56 PM
  • I'm sorry for posting this again, but facing the same issue after the installation :( . This is the one which i found, which i guess should be the issue:

Happy Coding!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 7:19 PM
  • The fact that it is not able to find cmd.exe is really odd, since it's the Windows command prompt. Did you remove everything else from your PATH variable?

• Marked as answer by Kulasangar Wednesday, February 18, 2015 7:48 AM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2015 7:13 AM
  • Finally i added the path to the cmd and it worked. Thanks

Happy Coding!

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 7:47 AM
  • Cool. Indeed, it gave us some pain this time :)

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 8:08 AM
  • Hi.

Even I was facing the same issue as shown above. Though after following the above steps its now successfully installed.

But Now there seems to be another issue:

After successful installation, When I try to run this command: start_local_hdp_services 

It alternately  starts and stops some services all the time.. & never shows all services running. Only few services running at any point in time. Also when i tried to check the running service in my task manager/ services I can see some of the Hadoop services continuously starting & stopping with different port nos again and again. 

Can you please help  with this.

My config id: Windows 7, 4GB ram & HDP installation as you did above.  Is the above problem caused of RAM ??

Many thanks.

Thursday, June 30, 2016 10:58 AM