locked
Web-Usercontrol not recognized anymore RRS feed

  • Question

  • User1673308564 posted

    Hello ASP.NET Com.,

    in my Web Forms project, the custom created usercontrols are not recognized anymore.

    Independent from, if i register them in the single pages or web.config, it's saying that it's not a known element.

    The problem is, that i dont changed anything, i only wanted to add them in a new page (they was already added to other pages successfully).

    Anyone knows what todo in this case?

    Kind regards

    Thursday, December 4, 2014 8:50 AM

Answers

  • User541108374 posted

    Hi,

    things you can try that helped me out in the past:

    • Clean build
    • Delete the page and recreate it, then add the user controls again
    • Make use of intellisense in source code mode of the page, don't use drag and drop to put the user controls

    Grz, Kris.

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, December 4, 2014 9:05 AM

All replies

  • User541108374 posted

    Hi,

    things you can try that helped me out in the past:

    • Clean build
    • Delete the page and recreate it, then add the user controls again
    • Make use of intellisense in source code mode of the page, don't use drag and drop to put the user controls

    Grz, Kris.

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, December 4, 2014 9:05 AM
  • User1673308564 posted

    Hello,

    thank you for the fast answer,

    After deleting the page and recreating it, it recognized the controls again and all is fine now.

    Its a strange behavior, but its running again, thank you 13 :)

    Thursday, December 4, 2014 9:29 AM
  • User1673308564 posted

    Hello again,

    im sorry to say that, but it wasn't a permanent solution for my problem.

    I guess it's a bug since VS2005.

    I have tried the following steps but nothing help's...

    • Deleting the temporary files in .Net-folder
    • Clean project and rebuild
    • Delete page and recreate it

    I cant believe that there isnt any solution!

    Please dont tell me that i have to dynamically create them all now ^^

    Friday, December 5, 2014 2:00 AM
  • User1673308564 posted

    Hello again,

    now its all fine again.

    The source of this confusion for the designer was, that the classnames was different from the filename, wich caused the designer at one point to delete classnames in designerfiles!

    Was a little bit strange, because the designer did not write them again, it caused another error, that there must be a description before { so until i noticed that my colluege was creating the pages with copy paste and dont updated all classnames in codebehind and so on.


    Conclusion, programmer's are always the source of error :)

    I mark the answer from Kris again, because creating the pages new will solve the problem! Thank you again...


    @Admin: please move this thread to the appropriate webusercontrol section, because i messed it up a little bit...

    Friday, December 5, 2014 6:34 AM