none
Does FtpWebRequest Support VMS? RRS feed

• Question

• Back in 2007, there was a post that said FtpWebRequest did not support VMS.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/44c2d795-e036-4028-8ec1-d329196fd1bf/ftpwebrequest-to-vms-system?forum=netfxnetcom

I am just starting my project now, I don't currently have an environment with VMS available, so am just doing my due diligence at the moment -- does FtpWebRequest support VMS now?

Thanks,

Thursday, March 6, 2014 6:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Raymond,

Did you mean Visual Memory System and you want to use FtpWebReuqest to communicate with VMS? I just find some old posts on internet. So I think is it an outdated technology? Maybe you should rethink your logic to change something. Please post more information about what you want to do.

Sorry for possible misunderstand.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 7, 2014 8:54 AM
  • VMS as in OpenVMS, VAX/VMS (virtual memory system)... see the link in my original post... VMS is an outdated system, but VMS Servers still exist in the real word, and I have the unfortunate task of needing to connect to it.

If you must know the details, I am writing an FTP client/wrapper, and as I do not currently have a VMS Server available for testing, I wanted to check if FtpWebRequest supports it before I go down the path. (e.g. as opposed to buying a 3rd party solution).

Thanks.

Friday, March 7, 2014 5:23 PM
  • Hi Raymond,

I cannot find anything about OpenVMS in MSDN Library, I think it is not support. I find OpenVMS API, please refer to the following link for details.

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/82final/6529/6529pro.html.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 10, 2014 8:04 AM