none
Third party IM integration with outlook RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to understand the procedure of Integration the IM Client with Outlook 2010. The below link is used for this :-

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj900715.aspx

Outlook is able to reach the CreateInstance method of my implementation.

1. If I have the Lync Client installed than the controls reaches till GetInterfaceMethod, in which I am returning the object of ILyncClient.

There is no progress after this. Following error is showed in the outlook debugs :

MsoIMProviderFactory--HrEnsureDefaultIMAppRegKeys Succeeded opening reg key (HKCU-SOFTWARE\IM Providers)

CMsoIMProviderFactory--HrEnsureDefaultIMAppRegKeys Succeeded querying reg key (HKCU-SOFTWARE\IM Providers-DefaultIMApp-IMapp)

CMsoIMProviderFactory--HrEnsureDefaultIMProcessRegKey Succeeded opening reg key (HKCU-SOFTWARE\IM Providers\IMapp)

CMsoIMProviderFactory--HrEnsureDefaultIMProcessRegKey Succeeded opening reg key (HKLM-SOFTWARE\IM Providers\IMapp)

CMsoIMProviderFactory--WhichMessengerInProcessList Using (IMapp) process name for search

CMsoIMProviderFactory--WhichMessengerInProcessList Using (IMapp) process name for search

Guys please give your feedback regarding the same ?????

1. If I don’t have Lync Client Installed than control never reaches to Authentication Method.

A. Do we need to implement the IMessenger interface also ?

B. If yes then please show some pointers on how to do that ?

Any pointers to resolve this would be helpful.

For building the COM server we are using out of process COM example(CSExeCOMServer). I had tried the same setup with outlook 2013 also. In this too the output remains the same.

Environment :-

Windows 7 Service Pack1 .

Outlook 2010 & 2013.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 4:45 AM

All replies