Enter the text in other languages RRS feed

• Question

• User318033378 posted

I have a similar issue...

I have a page with two textboxes (one for english and one for korean)..

I want users to be able to enter an english word or enter a korean word...

Now I can only enter english in both of them... Even if my keyboard language is switched to Korean.. I can not type in Korean in the Korean text box....

I thought I could simply change this using something like:

<input type="text" lang="ko" xml:lang="ko" maxlength="75" id="Korean_Word" />

but it doesn't work... Any suggestions?

Wednesday, March 3, 2010 10:52 PM

All replies

• User-1636183269 posted

It should work, check is there any validation is there?

Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:01 AM
  • User78336405 posted

Hi,

I also think the code is ok. For more details about that, check:http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/web/tips/langtag.html .

Friday, March 5, 2010 3:30 AM
  • User318033378 posted

None of this seems to help... basically I just want to type in my textbox and that is it... I haven't even gotten to adding things to a database because I can't type... My keyboard works in other programs... notepad, Visual Studio.... meaning I can type in Korean on these but on my webpage with the above code... I can do nothing but type in english...??????? any help?

Thursday, April 1, 2010 12:45 PM
  • User318033378 posted

Ok so I was able to get closer to an understanding of my particular issue.... I have found that locally on my home machine... I can type in Korean but only in firefox.  In my version of internet explorer it doesn't work... I took out all other references(so I took out the code I have above in the textbox) to language and now only have this in my page:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

<html lang="en-US">

These are the only two things that reference language.  Still it works in Firefox but not in internet explorer.

My version of internet explorer is:  8.0.6001.18904

My version of firefox is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.2) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Should I update internet explorer?  Is this a known issue? Anyone who could shed some light on this would be appreciated....

Thanks Trav

Friday, April 2, 2010 10:34 PM