SSRS parameter and security RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there,

I have created a report that is only used by managers and directors. My question here is how would I set up one single report to allow a department manager to only see that department by entering their dept number but can't enter another department #. And, directors need to see all departments? This report is for a access control (badges used to access buildinigs etc..). I really don't want to have to create 16 different reports for the departments individually and hard code department #'s in each.

Thanks

G

Monday, August 5, 2019 5:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Gsurfman

If the managers and the directors do not change often , seems you could try to use the rls (row level security) in SQL Server.

For the detailed steps ,you could see:

Row-level Security Just Got Better: Passing Report Credentials to Analysis Services in SQL Server 2016

SQL Server 2016 Row-level Security and SSRS a perfect match

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

• Proposed as answer by Mitarai Queen Wednesday, August 7, 2019 2:23 AM
    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 1:41 AM
  • Hi

How is your case going these days , if you have solved your issue, you could mark the appreciated reply as answer or share your solution here . So that other members in this forum could get benefited from it .

Thanks for your support and understanding.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 2:10 AM