none
How to solve Concurrent Hardware And OS Test (CHAOS) fail RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am running DTM 1.6 test for NDIS IM 5.0 driver at 2 different Windows 7 64 bit machines and always failed Concurrent Hardware And OS Test (CHAOS). Test case was fine at Win7 32.

Could you please provide me guidance to solve the issue?

At machine one: pwrtest gets failed, logged following messages:

Failed to move to rool element TaskResult

Error Code 1025 (Unknown error (0x401))
    Resolution
    No resolution provided.
    Inner Error Message
    the rollup counts XML file "C:\WLK\JobsWorkingDir\Tasks\WTTJobRunE7BCB914-11F9-4699-8C27-A2389ED92F63\CD9E047C-75FD-41D6-9A40-2EB696E482EE.xml" For Task "Run pwrtest" does not exist.
    Resolution
    A WTT API/Internal Function Returned an unexpected error. Look at the inner errors for more details.
    Root Cause
    The Execute Task with Commandline

cmd /c pwrtest /sleep /c:4 /d:300 /s:all

Failed with ExitCode 259
    Resolution
    The task exited with an ExitCode other than the ExpectedTaskExitCode. This may cause the Task to Fail if it is set to Fail On Exit Code 

The Execute Task with Commandline

cmd /c devpathexer.exe /hct /fu 4060 /dr "ARUBANETFLT"

Failed with ExitCode 259

pnpdtest:

Error Code 53 (The network path was not found)

Machine 2:

Always stuck reboot during Device - Enable Driver Verifier test in CHOS.

My driver was working fine upto 1.5 WLK last DTM. I did not make any changes in power and pnp management from last DTM test cases.

Regards,

Anand Choubey

• Edited by venkyramachandran Friday, August 31, 2012 2:30 PM
    • Moved by HLK ModeratorModerator Wednesday, October 3, 2012 7:09 PM WLK/WHCK related (From:Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development)
    Friday, August 31, 2012 6:10 AM

Answers

• Hi,

There are infinite reasons of this issue. At least in my case, reason could not be found but if machine is running with attached Windbg debugging then problem is disappeared.  Result test cases were sent to MS and got signed driver.  MS had confirmed if DTM gets successful with Windbg then driver can be sent for signing.

Regards,

Anand Choubey

Sunday, September 30, 2012 11:59 AM