none
Blank message when open a forward message with Exchange Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

With our Outlook COM Add-in installed, the message body is blank when open a FORWARD message in Inbox. This issue happens when the following conditions meet:

1. "Compose message in this format: Rich Text" is set in Outlook Options.

2. "Use Cached Exchange Mode" is turned off.

3. Use Exchange Server 2010.

4. Open a forward message in HTML format.

The issue does not happen using exchange server 2013. It works OK for a Reply message.

Our COM Add-in creates message text body in MailItem::BeforeRead() event by using IMAPIProp::OpenProperty() method to open the PR_HTML property, and then ISream::Write(), IStream::Commit() and IUnknown::Release(). All functions call successfully. I debug in MailItem::Read() event, IMAPI message bodies (PR_BODY, PR_HTML and PR_RTF_COMPRESSED) contain message body I expected but OOM bodies (MailItem.Body, MailItem.HTMLBody and MailItem.RTFBody) are empty. It looks like IMAP and OOM are not synchronized.

Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround? Thanks.

Monday, September 23, 2013 6:48 PM

Answers

• I figured out how to fix this issue. Set PR_RTF_IN_SYNC property to FALSE before creating the message body.
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Fei

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:51 AM
  • I figured out how to fix this issue. Set PR_RTF_IN_SYNC property to FALSE before creating the message body.
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:27 PM