How to resolve ERROR_DESTINATION_NOT_REACHABLE error during Web deploy onto a Remote Server? RRS feed

• Question

• User127118785 posted

I am trying to deploy an application onto a remote server. I am encountering ERROR_DESTINATION_NOT_REACHABLE error.

List of things I verfied:

1. I have administrator rights on the remote server,

2. Web deploy 3.5 is installed on server,

3. Web Deployment Agent Service and Web management service are started on server machine,

4. I tried turning Firewall off on server machine,

5. I could not find any logs in C:\inetpub\logs\wmsvc

Still not able to validate connection successfully  when deploying application using web deploy option?

What else can be verified to resolve this error?

Note: I am able to ping the server. I am not sure If i can verify whether specific port is listening on server from another machine using ping or telnet or any other command?

Thanks

Monday, July 11, 2016 1:57 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

I¡¯d like to suggest you to enable the failed Request Tracing in IIS, this will give us some hint on why a request has failed, we can enable this Failed Request Tracing in the IIS by steps below,

1.Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager:

2.In the Connections pane, select the server connection, site, application, or directory for which you want to configure failed request tracing.

3.In the Actions pane, click Failed Request Tracing...

4.In the Edit Web Site Failed Request Tracing Settings dialog box, select the Enable check box to enable tracing, leave the default value or type a new directory where you want to store failed request log files in the Directory box, type the number of failed request trace files you want to store in the Maximum number of trace files box, and then click OK.

You can check log files in C:\inetpub\logs\FailedReqLogFiles

Regards,

Angie 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, July 12, 2016 3:12 AM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

I¡¯d like to suggest you to enable the failed Request Tracing in IIS, this will give us some hint on why a request has failed, we can enable this Failed Request Tracing in the IIS by steps below,

1.Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager:

2.In the Connections pane, select the server connection, site, application, or directory for which you want to configure failed request tracing.

3.In the Actions pane, click Failed Request Tracing...

4.In the Edit Web Site Failed Request Tracing Settings dialog box, select the Enable check box to enable tracing, leave the default value or type a new directory where you want to store failed request log files in the Directory box, type the number of failed request trace files you want to store in the Maximum number of trace files box, and then click OK.

You can check log files in C:\inetpub\logs\FailedReqLogFiles

Regards,

Angie 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, July 12, 2016 3:12 AM
  • User1869050296 posted

on which port is the application being hosted, try to telnet using the port number

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 6:50 AM