none
how to submit Office app to 4 local stores - German, French, Spanish, Japanese - launched 31 May 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I was told by email from Microsoft from 31 May 2013, we would be able to submit Office apps to the German, French, Spanish and Japanese local stores.

However no details were given. I submitted my English app last year using

sellerdashboard.microsoft.com

Are we supposed to again use sellerdashboard.microsoft.com to submit to the German, French... local stores or will there be other URLs?

Microsoft said these local stores launched yesterday (31 May 2013) but I have no idea how I can submit to them.

Saturday, June 1, 2013 1:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for your question. I'm sorry the details have not come out yet. We will be releasing updates to our app submission How To content tomorrow on dev.office.com, as well as announcing via Blog, this forum and emails to Providers who already have apps in the Store.

That said, the features to submit apps in these 4 languages beyond English, were deployed to Seller Dashboard late last week. As a very high level overview ahead of the details planned for tomorrow, here are the two key scenarios for adding additional languages:

1. Adding one or more of the newly supported languages to your existing app can be accomplished by logging into your Seller Dashboard Account, selecting the app that you'd like to add languages, and selecting the Add A Language button. This will enable you to add metadata specific to the selected language so customers will have a language-specific experience in the associated language markets when shopping for apps in the Store.

2. If you're adding a new app, you will be able to select any of the 5 supported languages as the primary language for the listing, and add additional languages as well.

Keep in mind that the non-English stores associated with these 4 added languages will not open for over a month. Right now is the opportunity to submit other languages ahead of these Store openings.

Also worth a note, we will continue to publish newly approved apps to the English US store, so all apps that contain English as one of the submitted languages will continue to be updated or go live now. If you submit an app that does not include English as a submission language and it is approved by validation, it will not be available to customers until these other stores/markets open.

The Validation Policies have been updated in conjunction with these new features (note, incorrect published date is shown currently on the V1.4 policies, but they were updated last week).

There will be many more details on June 4. Hope this helps in the meantime.

Thanks,

Erik

• Edited by ErikOlson Monday, June 3, 2013 8:20 PM added Valdation Policies
    • Proposed as answer by JesBModerator Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:54 PM
    Monday, June 3, 2013 8:01 PM
  • Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:54 PM