SqlDataSource - not able to specify insert, update and delete RRS feed

• Question

• User1362338954 posted

I am extending the club web site with the white paper on the starter kit site.  I have finished the work for the categories including a sqlDataSource that work fine..  I am now adding the SqlDataSource for the Documents.  However, when I get to the Advanced popup box where I want to click "Generate Insert, Update and Delete statements" it is grayed out and can not be checked.  I deleted the SqlDataSource and recreated with no help.

I have trid to create the SqlDataSource manually but it does not function properly.  The datagrid that is linked to it no longer shows the columns.

Thursday, March 2, 2006 7:15 PM

All replies

• User-1442657951 posted

I have just followed the White Paper on extending the kit and had no problems.

Not sure I can advise where you are going wrong with out screenshots.

D

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 4:45 PM
  • User-1146221021 posted

Here is what I found to fix this.  You need to make sure that you have a Primary Key (PK) property set on the ID field for the table in question in the database.  Most of the time, as you are exporting tables from one database to another on the server, I have found that the PKs do not get exported nor do the Identity Insert properties.  You have to re-establish those after you move the table(s) to another database.  At least that has been my experience.

Hope this helps! [:D]

Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:47 AM
  • User1362338954 posted

That was the problem.  Added a primary key field and all worked fine. 

Thanks

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:49 PM