What media player should I use. RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking to remove an old 90's disc man from my server room that is currently playing a CD on repeat and has been for years.  My company has hooked this into their phone system for the hold music.  They want more music options so I am moving it to my domain controller.   I am looking for something that will run as a service so that if the machine stops and starts back up again the service and music will start back up as well. 

I have found Streaming Media Services but I do not want to be streaming music from the web.  I just do not have the bandwidth to do so, well at least not yet.  We currently have 1 T1 and 2 basic DSL which are getting replaced in September with 3 50mb connections.  Then I can talk about streaming media.

Basically I want to take a lot of music and put it in a folder. Then tell the media player where that music is and it start playing.  I am then taking an audio wire that is connected to the phone system and plugging it into the sound card.  Is there anything that simple????

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:18 PM

All replies

• Is there a better place to post this question in?  This forum appears to be dead.
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 12:44 PM