Build template version 12.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am possessing the customized build template version 12.0, which was created in VS2013 and designed to work with TFS2013.

I need to make it work with TFS2012.

It is using arguments with Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Common.Build.BuildParameter types for instance, which is available only in TFS2013 assembly.

Is there a way to modify the TFS2012 to reference TFS2013 assemblies?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 7:47 AM

Answers

• hi Lukas

it won't work.

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 12:24 PM
  • Hi Lukas,  

Thanks for your post.

We cannot TFS 2013 version build process template in TFS 2012.

You should copy the default TFS 2012 build process template and custom this copied build process template to meet your requirement, then use it in your TFS 2012.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 1:39 AM

All replies

• hi Lukas

it won't work.

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 12:24 PM
  • Hi Lukas,  

Thanks for your post.

We cannot TFS 2013 version build process template in TFS 2012.

You should copy the default TFS 2012 build process template and custom this copied build process template to meet your requirement, then use it in your TFS 2012.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 1:39 AM
  • Hi John,

That is a pity. I'll do it as you suggested. Thanks for the answer.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 7:39 AM