Program ideas: Needing feedback as well as discussion. Powershell, C, Visual RRS feed

• Question

• I am a Systems Administrator where I work, and I am sure any other administrator out there in a company that has over 100 servers feels my pain.

I am looking to write a program that does this simple function. Takes categories (Project names) in one tab of a program, and websites in another (I also want to add a search feature for easy use). And possibly another tab for *other.

-And for each of these items under the tabs to launch either a RDP/TS session or the default browser(depending on the content *all content will be one or the other) auto supply the ip or address and connect and let the user do the credentials.

• User interface.
    • Selected items launch either MSTSC or a browser.
    • Based on the selected input apply the user selection to the needed field.
    • and thats it.

I am great with other administration things but AWFUL with programming, I almost know none.

I know an alternative is a rdp manager, but i don't want that and i know this must be out there, and i know for someone experienced they could set up the shell i need and i could input all the data i would want (which i can figure out).

Let me know if you can help me or direct me in the right direction.

Ps. I am also working on a web scraper called Beautiful soup. I need to check 54 web pages for static content, some of them require authentication, certificates and auth, and ftp access. Let me know if anyone knows a better solution for this.

Thanks.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You posted your question on the forum dedicated to developments re Microsoft Project, and as it doesn't bear any relation to that product, your chances of fining an answer here are very, very slim.

Greetings,

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 5:06 PM
  • Ok thanks I'll change the location.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 5:10 PM