none
Windows 8 - August 15, 2012 - When will it be posted? - Now RRS feed

• General discussion

• Dear Mike,

Can you please be kind enough to tell me what are the products that can be expected along with Windows 8 which is due tomorrow (August 15, 2012) in IST Time.

Regards,
    prathaprabhu

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:26 PM

All replies

• Wondering the same - It's already 9:30am CEST and nothing to download yet :?
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:36 AM
  • Me too, nothing yet and it is 8:56 UTC , but in Seattle it is 1:56 AM, I was hoping that it would have been available 12:01 AM Seattle time.
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:56 AM
  • I have been trying to reach MSDN online conceirge chat and this is their reply till now. It is now 16:35 IST.

Eric: Thanks for waiting. Windows 8 will be released on MSDN on Aug 15th. The date should be based on Pacific time.  However, we have not got any information when Windows Server 2012 final version will be available for MSDN.

Eric: I'd recommend you to subscribe to the RSS feed of "MSDN Subscriber Downloads" so that you could be informed as soon as this product is made available:

Eric: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/subscription-downloads.rss

Eric: It is 4:02 AM in Pacific Time.  So you may need to wait for a few hours.

I know that we have been waiting for months so waiting for few hours even if it is Midnight IST i don't mind waiting :) Anyway it is our Independence Day :)

Regards,
    prathaprabhu

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 11:05 AM
  • thanks for everyone's interest!  Sorry you had to wait, but we want the engineers and team to be well rested when we post it, so we make sure we're completely ready.  it'll be up very soon!

Edit:  its up now!

Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 4:57 PM
  • Dear Mike,

Thanks for your reply. All the best :)

Regards,
    prathaprabhu

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 5:10 PM