none
Timesheet approval name need for a report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i am having 2010 Environment.

I want to create one reports in which i want to add one column which will show the name of resource who will approve the time sheet.

we are using SEM(single entry mode).

Team members who are sending timesheet mainly fill time against the various tasks for which they are assigned.

Task approval goes to Status Manager of the tasks in this case Timsesheet Approver for a specific task will be the status manager for the task not the project Owner.

In timesheet view i am not able to find any Status manger/UID column . I found ApproverResourcenameUID Column but  i am not able to map it with resource Names.

Please correct me if i am wrong ??

kirtesh

• Edited by Kirteshtiw Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:05 PM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 1:49 PM

All replies

• Hi kirtesh--

Timesheet & Task updates are different. You may have a setup where the timesheet is approve/reject by someone (timesheet approver) & another PM to approve the Task updates. You wont get the Status manger in Timesheet data.  

Please see a sample query that might help. You can get the Resource Timesheet. manager MSP_EpmResource_UserView of reporting database. You may do a join to get the Timesheet manager Name. 

select
    	r.ResourceName AS [Resource Name],
    	r.ResourceUID as [Resource UID],
    	rm.ResourceName AS [Timesheet Manager],
    	rm.ResourceUID AS ResourceTimesheetManagerUID
    	from
        dbo.MSP_EpmResource_UserView r 
    	LEFT OUTER JOIN
        dbo.MSP_EpmResource_UserView rm 
    	ON r.ResourceTimesheetManagerUID = rm.ResourceUID 
    WHERE
         (r.ResourceIsActive = 1) AND
         (r.ResourceType = 2) AND
         (r.ResourceIsGeneric = 0)

Hope that helps.

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”. Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82

Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:02 AM
  • Hi Amit,

Thanks for your response,

In my organization we are not using Timesheet manager i mean to say resource himself is timesheet manager.

For task update we are using timesheet. In this case if a resource is assigned for 1 task, once he will fill actual hour and send timesheet for approval, it will go to status manager of the task.

Now either he will accept or reject it.

In this time duration Time sheet status will be Pending approval.

I want to make a report in which i can show the list of resources to whom time sheet status is pending approval with the name of the timesheet approver resource name in the next column

kirtesh

Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:40 AM