none
Project Server 2010 Email notification acknowledgement receipt RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My client has a requirement to have some sort of acknolegement for task notification via email. So on task assignment, the team member is alerted via email. The project manager wants a receipt when read. Is this achievable via coding? 

Thank you for your time and help.

D

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 10:52 AM

All replies

• Hi, You can try the following two links. The first one tells you how to modify the default alert template so you can use your own code to send alert. The second link is how to send email with receipt request throught C#.

Modifying Alert Template

Alerting email with receipt request

You've to keep on trying to achieve what you're trying to do. Hope this helps you.

Thanks

Thanks, Kashif

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:59 AM
  • Hi Delbacca, If i understnad it correctly, then the requirement is that PM need to get a notification as and when the team member open the notification email which was alerted by the PM's MPP publish.I dont think we can achieve this with the PSI coding.

And in fact, i am just thinking that, if at all if any utility is available with the feature that will check whether the person's email box whether he/she read the email or not through exchange server, then probebly we can achieve this.

Hope this helps and you may get the various ways to think on this.

B Rajasekhar Reddy

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 12:27 PM
  • But what you were to set the setting on read that the sender requested a response? then the team member can choose to send response now or not? You get this feature in outlook generally so was wondering if this if configurable through code?
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:01 AM
  • Yes, you can configure that through code. The link I sent you earlier has this

Alerting email with receipt request

Hope this helps

Thanks, Kashif

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:12 AM