none
Full Unattended Image deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I'm so close to getting a finished build here. Just need a little help with a few more steps. I have a target device setup, I sysprep/generalize/oobe the system. Created a windows PE UFD, ran imagex and captured the image.

Now I want to be able to place that on a USB and hand it to production and it boots up and automatically loads the image, and doesnt ask for another user (skipuseroobe?)

So whats the process of setting up another answerfile for just deploying the image. And what do I need to put on the USB to make this work?

I see in ICE how to specify the location of my image, and where to skipuserOOBE. But can someone be a little more specific on the settings I need and procedures to follow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:46 PM

Answers

• 1. The second answer file is needed for Sysprep to not re-ask the user / machine name information when each clone boots.

2. For deployment, you want ot create a WinPE image. Copying it to a clean formatted USB flash disk - formatted under Windows 7. Copy the WIM file. Boot each machine via the USB flash disk and run imagex to deply the image. You could modify the WinPE image to create a utility that does this automatically.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    • Proposed as answer by Osolith Thursday, October 13, 2011 5:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by waparson Monday, October 31, 2011 7:13 PM
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 4:56 PM

All replies