problem with viewstate in asp.net website RRS feed

• Question

• User-1248714955 posted
    I develop a website for pocket pc with asp.net 2003 When I click on a button I have a error message that apear If you have a idea to help me, I listen all your idea thanks Here is the message. Server Error in '/' Application. The viewstate is invalid for this page and might be corrupted. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The viewstate is invalid for this page and might be corrupted. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [HttpException (0x80004005): The viewstate is invalid for this page and might be corrupted.] System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +149 System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageViewState() +18 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +423 Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
    Friday, May 28, 2004 6:24 AM

All replies

• User2085740027 posted
    hi , This below two links will help u i guess http://www.extremeexperts.com/Net/FAQ/ViewStateisCorrupt.aspx http://www.dotnet247.com/247reference/msgs/32/163245.aspx Thanks,
    Thursday, June 3, 2004 6:40 AM
  • User-13463694 posted
    There's a limit on the allowable length of a post field in pocket IE. Do you have a data grid on your page, or another control that might generate lots of view state? If so, you can turn off view state for that control, and rebind it on each request during Page_Init(). Hope this helps.
    Friday, June 4, 2004 4:07 PM
  • User-1987466882 posted
    Hi, I am having exactly the same problem, when publishing my site. But mine is not for Pocket PC, it is a normal web page. Do you have any idea why this happens? When I wun the page in localhost (web matrix server) I don't have any problem. Thanks a lot in advance, Roberto Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The viewstate is invalid for this page and might be corrupted. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The viewstate is invalid for this page and might be corrupted. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [HttpException (0x80004005): The viewstate is invalid for this page and might be corrupted.] System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +151 System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageViewState() +18 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +423 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
    Tuesday, June 8, 2004 6:22 PM