none
How to integrate another engine to my application by SAPI? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Heroes,<o:p></o:p>

I'm a new developer for speech synthesis development == In factalso a freshwoman for the C + + programmers.<o:p></o:p>

Now 
    I need to use Nuance Vocalizer Automotive SDK speech engine to develop a speech application. but in their documentationI only see some samples to show how to converter the text to speech(Sound synthesis) , but I do not know to play this text (Sth likeIspVoice::Speak in the Windows TTS engine)
    In 
    additionin the Appendix of Nuance document, there is one chapter "SAPI5 the Compliance"is written sth below:
    This section lists which Microsoft Text-To-Speech API v5.1 functions (Text-to-Speech engine Interface) are supported by Vocalizer for Automotive.
    But all the examples what I can find 
    on the Internet , they all use SAPI directly to develop speech synthesis applications.
    I am 
    puzzled about the relationship between SAPI and Vocalizer engine. It means that in order to play the file ,we should call the Win API for playing the synthesis made by vocalizerOr sth else?<o:p></o:p>

Can anyone tell me whats wrong? I would really really appreciate it.<o:p></o:p>

Thanks,
    Chen
    <o:p></o:p>

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 4:42 PM

Answers

All replies