none
Records Center and Infopath 2007 promoted properties

Question

• I am publishing a Infopath 2007 form to a forms library with promoted properties, till now everything goes well if am working with a normal SharePoint site template such as Team site, blank site, or publishing portal.
    But if the site is based on Records Center template then the fields which are mapped from infopath will always shown as blank no matter what i did. I am 100% positive that the form template is working perfectly, also my farm is running with no problems. So is there any hidden feature or a tweak in the Records Center which prevent Infopath from exposing its properties to the forms library?

Monday, January 18, 2010 11:27 AM

All replies

• I've never tried doing that before, so I'll send a note to the InfoPath team to see what they say.
    SharePoint Architect || My Blog
    Monday, January 18, 2010 2:51 PM
  • This is not a reply to this thread but is a personal message to Moutasem Al-awa.

You have just posted a series of posts all of which intend to drive people to your blog site.

I have deleted all of those posts. The forums are for technical Q+A only - they are not the place for people to post unsolicited posts about how they have soved problems and thus to publicise their blog sites.

Wait until someone else asks a question that you can answer; THEN answer the question in the thread (and perhaps give a link to your blog "for further information")

(Moderator)
    FAQ sites: (SP 2010) http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com; (v3) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com and (WSS 2.0) http://wssv2faq.mindsharp.com
    Complete Book Lists (incl. foreign language) on each site.
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 10:24 AM
  • An an update, the InfoPath team PM has acknolwedged my question and is asking the team, but he is not aware of a known limitation off the top of his head (just as I was not aware).
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:16 PM
  • lol :D
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 7:07 PM
  • InfoPath team response: "I have a repro of the issue and I have opened a bug to get our developers to investigate.  Clay, I’ll let you know if we come up with a workaround."
    Friday, January 22, 2010 11:40 PM
  • Thanks Clayton for your updates, and i am looking forward for a solution or at least to get the reason behind the bug.
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 9:30 PM
  • Thanks Clayton for your updates, and i am looking forward for a solution or at least to get the reason behind the bug.

InfoPath Team response:

"I took a look at this issue and it’s unfortunately not something that we can for O14.  Records center sites don’t allow any code running on the server to modify documents in those sites to guarantee that archived documents don’t change.  I spoke with some folks on the team that owns records center and they don’t unfortunately have a setting that would make property promotion work on an InfoPath Form Library.  Do you know more about the specific scenario that Moutasem is working on?  Is he trying to archive forms?  Perhaps we can come up with a workaround that doesn’t involve a records center site."

So, what is it you're trying to do in a Records center that involves integrated forms?  It is a good question, because the Records Center has a very specific purpose for archiving documents, not for collaboration.  What is your use case?

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 3:12 AM
  • Well , my use case is simple, as the following:

1- Fill a form on a normal site (With promoted properties for filters, views ...)
    2- Initiate out-of-the-box Approval Workflow (+ Update the approval status (use this workflow to control content approval) )
    3- Having an event receiver to archive forms -after they are approved or rejected- in a Record Center (So i believe the form now is a record because it wont be modified)

My problem is when i archive it the properties (or fields/columns) are blank, so one of the  solutions was to map the Xml form data to SharePoint fields by code but this is not applicable for two reasons, (1) This features should be there out-of-the-box, (2) i have at least 20 forms so i wont write 20 mapping code just because the feature is broken from your side.

Now why i chosen to archive the forms in a Record Center, because we are archiving all enterprise records there such as emails, invoices so why should i stop doing that when it comes to the forms ?
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 7:31 AM