none
64-Bit MS Word 2010 Addins RRS feed

• Question

• Till now I have successfully developed a 32-bit MS Word 2010 Addin using Visual Studio 2010>Extensibility>Shared Addins. Now I have to convert this into 64-bit.

Is there a way i can convert the existing one into 64-bit or do I have to create a new Project? Overall I want that addin to work on MS Word 2010 64-Bit

Thanks in Advance

Adeel

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 6:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Adeel,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

According to your description, I think it is better to create a new project. See in this article, it is mainly about deploying COM Add-ins for 64-bit Office.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
    Quist

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by maverick786us Friday, August 3, 2012 11:58 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by maverick786us Wednesday, August 8, 2012 1:07 PM
    Thursday, August 2, 2012 2:51 AM
  • Hi Adeel,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

According to your description, I think it is better to create a new project. See in this article, it is mainly about deploying COM Add-ins for 64-bit Office.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
    Quist

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thanks for the help. These are the 2 changes I mad with the original COM Addin.

In the properties of Setup I changed the target platform to X64 and in the properties of the Addin I changed it to any CPU. Now the the addin is loading but when I click on it, no command is getting executed. Can someone tell me the reason? Does 64-bit Addin follows different OnAction command?

Adeel

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 9:46 AM