Publishing WindowsForms App converted by DesktopAppConverter RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I was able to convert WindowsForms App by DesktopAppConverter and it successfully installs and runs with using a test certificate. Then I signed .appx with .pfx that was generated by visual studio. Signing process(using signtool) was successful. The next step was to publish it. And there I got those errors:

- Package acceptance validation error: We don’t allow the capability you’ve specified: runFullTrust.
    - Package acceptance validation error: You don't have permissions to specify the following namespaces in the appx manifest file of the package APP.appx: http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/manifest/foundation/windows10/restrictedcapabilities

For now I don't know how to get rid of these errors because appx manifest is generated by DesktopAppConverter.

Should not converted app have runFullTrust capability ?

Is someone faced such problem?

Thursday, July 7, 2016 8:22 PM

Answers

• you need to wait. it's stil preview and can't submit these packages yet.

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Thursday, July 7, 2016 10:05 PM

All replies

• you need to wait. it's stil preview and can't submit these packages yet.

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Thursday, July 7, 2016 10:05 PM
  • Thanks for an answer.

Will it be possible as soon as Anniversary Update will come out or maybe sooner or later?

Friday, July 8, 2016 9:15 AM
  • I'm trying this for quite a long time, today with latest build version 14366 and the same error as above, any chance for a release date?
    Thursday, July 14, 2016 2:45 PM
      1. Finally, you need to take                     some precautions to make sure your stub app is not                     rejected based on manual testing (since it does not                     offer any meaningful functionality). You can do two                     things:              

For anyone who is having trouble with the store, it seems that you need a personal Microsoft contact here:           

1. Under "Notes for                       Certification" in your submission, please include                       the text: "This is intentionally a stub                       application, being submitted as hidden in the                       store so we can flight our real package to a                       limited group of people via Package Flighting. We                       are working with <MICROSOFT CONTACT NAME AND                       EMAIL> at Microsoft in this effort, so please                       contact them if you have any questions or                       concerns."                 
        2. Notify your Microsoft                       contact that you have submitted your stub                       application. They can proactively give the store a                       heads-up that you have submitted a stub                       application which should not be rejected.
    Monday, September 12, 2016 8:59 AM