Pivot doesn't capture manipulation event (inside listview item)

Question

• About 6 months ago at the Microsoft Publish event I brought up a bug in Windows Phone 8.1 that was appearing for pivots inside of ListView items. When I implemented this system inside of Windows Phone 8.0 it worked fine. However, in 8.1 the pivot no longer captures manipulation to slides to the next page. I wanted to know if there was anything I needed to do to get this fixed because this is still an issue.
    Monday, October 06, 2014 1:13 AM

All replies

• You'll need to tell us what bug you're referring to if you want any action from the forums. 

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, October 06, 2014 12:35 PM
  • I still have the example I made for the bug at the publish event. Here it is. Thanks!

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=93226649EC255D32%218127

• Edited by w9jds Monday, October 06, 2014 8:05 PM
    Monday, October 06, 2014 8:04 PM
  • How do I reproduce this problem?

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 5:31 PM
  • So inside of that ListView item there is a pivot. If you try to swipe the pivot to the next page, the pivot doesn't capture the manipulation event and swipe correctly. (although, if you add a manipulation event yourself that one fires).
    Thursday, October 09, 2014 1:57 AM
  • If you can get it working by explicitly adding a manipulation event, it is a real problem or just a small bug?

Friday, October 10, 2014 6:00 PM
  • I guess it would be a small bug. It is just that if you add your manipulation it just pivots to the next by flashing directly to it. Instead of the normal way where it slides into place. Also as of right now if you slide any way it moves because I can't seem to get it set up right to know which direction to go and after how much movement.

In general it does kind of work. Figured it had been 6 months and 8.1 was officially released as well and didn't see anything so I would make sure you where aware of it.

Friday, October 10, 2014 6:06 PM