What's up with the ratings/reviews? RRS feed

• Question

• I don't know how to put this because I don't want to sound immodest, but there's something that's been bothering me for some time now.

I've released my game in the begining of June, and one thing I've noticed is that the game is not receiving much reviews. In the US store, it has received only 7 reviews for instance. I've noticed that other games have hundrends of them. There are some games that are just bad copies of other games, and although they are only a few weeks on the market already have thousands of reviews. How is it possible?

My game has already passed the 11k downloads mark, it's being featured in stores around the globe, so I don't get why people don't rate the game.

Initially I thought that this was because the game didn't had a "rate" button inside the game, so I added one. But it's no use, I'm still not getting reviews. The other games I was talking about don't even have this button...

Is there something I don't know about this reviews? Am I missing something here? Or it's just the way the market works ad the game is simply being ignored?

2Brains Games

Monday, July 29, 2013 8:43 AM

Answers

• I though about adding a Rate button to my app, but i decided to just ask the user after they opened the app a few times.
    My guess is that people who open the app multiple times, will not only understand the app and or enjoy it, and therefor make a review.

So with a simple MessageBox.Show, i get multiple reviews a day, oppose to maybe one a week.
    So by my calculations a Rate Button < MessageBox, you could try this.
    • Marked as answer by twobrainsgames Saturday, August 31, 2013 12:26 PM
    Monday, July 29, 2013 7:27 PM

All replies

• I though about adding a Rate button to my app, but i decided to just ask the user after they opened the app a few times.
    My guess is that people who open the app multiple times, will not only understand the app and or enjoy it, and therefor make a review.

So with a simple MessageBox.Show, i get multiple reviews a day, oppose to maybe one a week.
    So by my calculations a Rate Button < MessageBox, you could try this.
    • Marked as answer by twobrainsgames Saturday, August 31, 2013 12:26 PM
    Monday, July 29, 2013 7:27 PM
  • I'll try that. Let's see if it will improve.

Thanks!

2Brains Games

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:13 AM
  • Ok, I've added a screen that asks users to give a review. They can ignore or review (redirects to the store review screen).

Reviews have increased a lot since I implemented this. My next game will have this from the start.

2Brains Games

• Marked as answer by twobrainsgames Saturday, August 31, 2013 12:22 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by twobrainsgames Saturday, August 31, 2013 12:26 PM
    Saturday, August 31, 2013 12:22 PM