Launch own executable in Out of Browser Mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have seen that in OOB you can launch an external program. I was able to do this with the AutomationFactory.CreateObject method.

Is it somehow possible to launch an own .exe, if the executable is defined as Resource or Content in my project. I want to launch it without having the .exe to be saved on the client machine.

Does anyone have any idea, if this is possible?

Regards,

neplan

Monday, September 26, 2016 11:21 AM

Answers

• Hi neplan,

According to your description, I tried launch a won.exe with AutomationFactory.CreateObject method. I found that if I put the own.exe in Windows folder, it could launch successful. But if I out it in any other custom folder, it will prompt that could not find this file.

According to following MSDN document, old version of Silverlight that before Silverlight 5, trusted applications can access only files in user folders. Unless you are using  OpenFileDialog and SaveFileDialog classes.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee721083(v=vs.95).aspx#Anchor_5

So since you are using Silverlight 4, I suggest you upgrade your Silverlight to Silverlight 5. And if you still want to use Silverlight 4, please use the OpenFileDialog and SaveFileDialog classes.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 3:32 AM